Pansit Bam-i a basic stir fry dish using a mix of vegetables, noodles and meats of your choice.
- Diced chicken breast or pork
- Canton noodles
- Sotanghon or rice noodles
- Crushed garlic
- Sliced onion
- Red or green pepper or both
- Shredded cabbage
- Diced carrots
- 200ml vegetables or meat stock
- Spring onions (optional garnish)
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Quick and Easy Steps:
- Soak rice noodles in cold water.
- Fry meat for 10 -15 mins. then put on a plate and set aside. If you’re using pork, trim the fat, dice and fry first until brown before for a nice and crunchy taste.
- In the same pan, Sauté garlic and onions. Add more oil if needed.
- Add and fry carrots and peppers for 5 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage and continue stirring for another 3-5 mins.
- Put back the meat back in the pan and add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for further 5 mins.
- Drained rice noodles and add to pan with canton noodles and simmer for 3-5 mins, or until noodles are cooked but not soggy.
- Remove from pan and garnish with spring onions.
You can also add cooked chicken liver or cooked prawns, some add boiled eggs too depending on your preferences.